Yesterday I had a breakfast meeting with Katherine Wyman, we discussed her visiting UCF and she invited me to give a guest lecture about the DAU card game at the Devry facility in Orlando. I also went to the exhibit hall and picked up information about the current state of the job market to report on for Rudy's class when I get back. I got offered a scholarship to Australia if I am willing to go study programming. While I was in the exhibit hall I picked up information on a new virtual world and a voice communications integration tool for games that could possibly used in the DAU game when it goes online. I went to dinner with two researchers from the University of Skovde in Sweden and discussed their games program and what can be improved. Then I went and had drinks with more Devry Faculty and a DS programmer and celebrated receiving my official acceptance letter from UCF. The buzz in the serious games sessions seemed to be alot about mobile for learning be it DS or cell phones, although becuase the DS is a much more closed platform it makes it much harder to work with. Yesterday at the 10 things the serious games community wants session, we discussed how we would all like access to devkits for things like the DS and the PSP.
No pictures yet, we have some, but no cable to upload, I will send a link when I get back.
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment